For badge printing the kiosk tablet prints a badge to a printer via the network or bluetooth.
Please review the certified hardware overview for tested and supported printers.
For detailed guides on badge printing, please read these articles:
- Setting up badge printing: Brother QL-820NWB via network (Cable/WiFi)
- Setting up badge printing: Brother QL-820NWB via Bluetooth
- Setting up badge printing: Fargo DTC1250e via network (Cable)
Supporting guides (is referred to in the Fargo DTC1250e guide):
Configure badge printer
A badge printer will need to be added when Activating the visitor registration kiosk. Depending on the configuration the following settings will need to be added:
Log in to the GoBright portal with your manager account, and choose Settings > Devices.
Now add a new device with the ‘+’ button, or select an existing one to edit.
Badge printing service
The badge printing service can be added by entering a Hostname, API key and printername. Select Badge printer service from the dropdown menu and enter the details below.
Adding a specific printer, label and orientation
Note that the GoBright App version 6.0 is required to adjust these settings.
Supported printers will appear in the dropdown menu as well and can be either connected through the network or using bluetooth. Select the printer from the dropdown menu and enter the following details:
- Label: This refers to the paper tape that is used by the printer
- Orientation: Choose landscape or portrait, this should be set the same when creating Visitor badges
For network printers the IP or hostname must be entered. Bluetooth printers need to be configured on the device.